Sunday, July 09, 2006

Songwriting: Steps to Writing Hit Lyrics

I have always wondered why for many songwriters, writing lyrics is much more difficult then writing a a melody. I've certainly been a victim - heck, I'd rather write chords all day long than to lyrics to a tune. It's happened on more than one occasion.

But why does sit happen? Is there anything we can do to rectify it? I dug up this wonderful article (written by Molly-Ann Leikin) giving us a deep but 'actioned based' insight on this common predicament.

Check it out...

Calvin

"Many of my clients find that melodies pour out of them like beer from a tap - but they get stuck on lyrics. I've thought about this for many years, and feel I finally understand why. I also know how to fix it. First, melodies are open to interpretation - so when you write one, what you feel or intend is still safe in your heart - you do not have to reveal yourself or....."

Click here to read the complete article.

source - http://www.musesmuse.com/2.8-November99.html#article
[Written by Molly-Ann Leikin of Creativity Consultant]

technorati tags:, , , , ,

No comments: