Thursday, August 03, 2006

A Quick Chat With Chris Carrabba...

Few recent singer-songwriters have injected their audiences with as much fervor for the song as Chris Carrabba. His troubadour revues under the stage name Dashboard Confessional are showcases of youthful longing come lyrically alive.

To watch 2500 of his fans sing along to every tune at the top of their lungs is to behold a catharsis seemingly unmatched in alternative pop-rock circles since the mid-'80s heyday of the Smiths.

Over here, VH-1 link up with the man for a quick chat...

Calvin


http://www.uwosh.edu/news_bureau/releases/photos/Dashboard_Confessional.jpg


VH1: How old you were when you started writing songs and what were some of your early inspirations?

Chris Carrabba: I began writing at about age 15, because that'swhen I was given a guitar, but I noodled with melody all the time.That's the one gimme I got: I had to work hard to become a good playerand singer, but hearing melody and harmony has come prettyeasily to me; it's something I'm really interested in othersongwriters, that added thing that draws me into a song, really deeply.When I start to take pieces apart, I realize that the part that grabbedme was this strange harmony.

VH1: What's a good example of that early in your life?....

Click here to finish reading the 'quick interview'.

Source www.VH1.com/news


technorati tags:, , , , , ,

No comments: